Rules & Safety
St. Charles Park District strives to offer a pleasant experience for all guests. Rules are established to offer a clean and safe environment for everyone. Please obey all rules to ensure a safe and fun experience while visiting this facility.
Primrose Farm is an alcohol and smoke free facility.
- Help keep parks and facilities clean. Follow carry in/carry out Leave No Trace trash etiquette.
- Please follow additional sign instructions throughout this facility.
- St. Charles Park District is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please do not feed our farm friends. They get fed throughout the day. Feeding the animals may result in biting or other injuries.
- The animals have everything they need. Do not place or toss anything inside their space.
- Treat the animals with respect and caution.
- Do not climb on the fences, gates, hay or straw. If you’re patient and remain still, the animals will approach you.
- Animals like quiet open space. Please refrain from making loud noises, such as shouting.
- If you see a roaming animal, walk slowly by it. Like you, they do not want to be chased or teased.
- Areas marked with a Staff Only sign are not to be entered.
In order to ensure the safety of visitors, wildlife, livestock and farmers, the St. Charles Park District has outlined the following guide for trail use:
- No motorized public vehicles allowed.
- Bicyclists must yield to pedestrians at all times.
- All dogs must be on leashes. Please clean up after your dog.
- Tractors and other farm equipment have the right-of-way. Please yield and use caution.
- For a Primrose Farm trail map: click here (link coming soon)
Supervision of Children
- Parents/guardians are responsible for supervising their child(ren).
- Ages 15 & under must be accompanied by a person, age 18+.
- Primrose Farmers regularly work with school, scout and group programs to make weather-related accommodations. If you have concerns about the weather forecast for the day of your program, please call us at 630-513-4370. Many group programs include a wagon-ride component that cannot be offered during severe weather.
- Seasonal programs with advanced ticketing may be rescheduled or cancelled due to weather. If conditions require cancellation, Primrose farmers will attempt to reach out to all participants via phone or email. In the event of weather-related cancellation, participants will have the option to transfer to another session (when applicable), have the registration fee credited to their user account, or receive a refund.
- Most special events and programs will not be cancelled due to weather. Instead, farmers will make necessary accommodations in an effort to ensure the safety and comfort of all participants. Staff reserves the right to cancel due to severe weather including but not limited to snowstorms, thunderstorms and tornadoes.
Violation of any rules may result in serious injury and/or immediate removal from the facility.